Animation

Monday, January 14, 2013

Following Russinovich | A Windows geek

It was year 2008 and I found cool tool called TCP view using which I can change many of TCP settings in a Windows box.Later day I found Process Explorer which was much more informative than built-in setting of Windows to check its running processes in Windows operating system.


I loved TCP view and Process Explorer so much that I was excited to know the creator of these tools. Using the Google, I got the details of the owner withing few seconds. He is non other than, Mark Russinovich who is co-founder of famous website Winternals.com which was later acquired by the Microsoft.

He is currently working as Technical fellow in Microsoft. Russinovich came to media attention many times including 1996 discovery of change in registry settings in Windows NT that allow Backoffice to install in the desktop OS,2005 discovery of Sony Rootkit and 2006 discovery of Windows metafile vulnerability.He also wrote two novels i.e. Zero Day and Trojan Horse. He is a complete Windows geek whose novel works inspires us,motivate us to do something new in Windows technologies.

I am following Russinovich for last 5 years. You too can follow him at http://www.trojanhorsethebook.com/



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2012 • Kiran Tamang's Blog • Design by Kiran Tamang